After successfully defending his 2009 victory in the San Dimas Stage Race last weekend, Ben carried along his fitness to win the opening time trial stage at the Redlands Classic. The FlyV Australia Pro Cycling Team will look to defend the lead over the weekend, which will include a few challenging stages.
Redlands Classic time trial top five results:
1. Ben Day, Team FlyV Australia. SRAM RED
2. Carter Jones, Team Jelly Belly. SRAM RED, ZIPP
3. Kiel Reijnen, Team Jelly Belly. SRAM RED, ZIPP
4. Rory Sutherland, Team United Healthcare. SRAM RED
5. Ben Jacques-Maynes, Bissell Pro Cycling.