Beijing Grand Final: victories in the Elite Women (Andrea Hewitt) and Men (Alistair Brownlee)
The ITU Triathlon World Championship Grand Final in Beijing sums up perfectly the 2011 season for SRAM / Zipp Triathletes.
- On the Elite Men side: The World Champion title, the Silver and Bronze medals. Six victories out of seven, 19 top 5 out of 35 possible.
- On the Women side: The Silver medal at the Worlds, five victories out of seven and 17 top 5 out of 35 possible.
Andrea Hewitt Milani SRAM Red/ Zipp 303 equipped bike. Her winning machine this season!
Andrea Hewitt: Performance and Consistency!
In Beijing for the Grand Final, the New Zealand triathlete, Andrea Hewitt (Milani – SRAM Red/ Zipp equipped bike) ended her ITU season with a strong victory beating the newly crowned World Champion, Helen Jenkins (GBR). Andrea has been very constant the entire season clinching important points to secure second spot in the overall series. She finished five times out of seven in the Top 5 and booked her place for the Olympic Games in London next year!
Alistair leading the bunch of riders at the ITU World Series in Beijing!
Alistair Brownlee: The Master in chief!
Alistair Brownlee (Boardman – SRAM/ Zipp equipped bike) is definitely the short distance triathlete of the year! He won four ITU World Series events and became the 2011 ITU World Champion for the second time in his Elite career (first title in 2009). Great Britain will have a strong ambassador at the 2012 Olympic Games to claim the title. After his victory in London this year, Alistair knows the course inside out and knows what it takes to win on home soil.
Jonathan’s Boardman Air 9.8 SRAM Red/ Zipp 404 Firecrest equipped bike. The machine raced by the two best triathletes in the World.
Jonathan Brownlee: Young but so Pro!
The younger brother of the Brownlee family is as talented as his older brother Alistair. Jonathan (Boardman – SRAM/ Zipp equipped bike) is only 21 years old but already has a strong results in his career: U23 World Champion in 2010, Two times Elite Sprint World Champion (2010 & 2011), Junior European Champion (2009). After the Beijing Grand Final and his results this season he took the Silver medal at the ITU World Championships and secured his selection for next year’s Olympics.
Javier Gomez leading the run at the ITU World Series in Hamburg!
Javier Gomez: One of the best triathlete in the World!
The Spanish triathlete, Javier Gomez is one of the most known short distance triathletes in the World: countless ITU World Series victories, two times World Champion (2008 & 2010), two times European Champion (2007 & 2009)… This year he won one ITU Series and was three times in the top five, which allows him to claim the Bronze medal at the ITU World Championships. As the best Spanish triathlete he has already obtained his selection for the 2012 Olympic Games!
2011 ITU World Championships, final results:
Men: 6 in the top 10
- Alistair Brownlee (GBR – SRAM RED / Zipp) 1st
- Jonathan Brownlee (GBR – SRAM RED / Zipp) 2nd
- Javier Gomez (GBR – SRAM RED) 3rd
- David Hauss (FRA – SRAM RED / Zipp) 6th
- Laurent Vidal (FRA – SRAM RED / Zipp) 7th
- William Clarke (GBR – SRAM RED / Zipp) 9th
Women: 4 in the top 10
- Andrea Hewitt (NZD – SRAM RED / Zipp) 2nd
- Barbara Riveros Diaz (CHI – SRAM RED/ Zipp) 5th
- Paula Findlay (CAN – SRAM RED / Zipp) 6th
- Lisa Norden (SUE – SRAM RED / Zipp) 9th